Learning Support Assistant (For CIP Grades 9 & 10)
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant for CIP Grades 9 & 10
Responsible to: CIP Director Line Manager: Head of Key Stage 3 and 4
Term of Contract: TBA Hours: TBA
Start Date: TBA
Purpose of Job: To coordinate, assist and support students who require intervention for Core Lower Secondary Subjects (English, Maths & Science) in Grade 9 and IGCSE subjects in Year 10
Liaison with: CIP Director, Head of Key Stage 4 & 5, Homeroom teachers, relevant subject teachers, the School Psychology Counsellor, School University Counsellor, the CAIE Examinations Officer and relevant parents
Responsibilities of the post:
To assist students in Core Lower Secondary Subjects (English, Maths & Science) in Grade 9 and IGCSE subjects in Year 10 who require intervention by:
· Planning activities, modifying existing materials and producing additional materials
· Supporting both individual students or groups in class
· Coordinating and supporting other teaching assistants assigned
· Delivering additional study sessions outside the timetable
· Developing and implementing data-based intervention systems for Year 9 and 10 examination subjects to track value added progress
· Delivering relevant CPD for staff at the direction of the Head of Key Stage 4
· Developing and coordinating a mentoring programme for Year and 10 students
· Liaising with parents to feedback on interventions made and to keep them abreast of their children’s progress
· Liaising with the School Psychology Counsellor and School University Counsellor as needed
· Liaising with the CAIE Examination Officer to arrange special consideration for students requiring this in final examinations
· Other relevant duties as directed by the CIP Director and Head of Key Stage 4
Personal Specification for Learning Support Assistant
The LSA should:
· Have teaching experience of Cambridge Lower Secondary and IGCSE qualifications
· Have experience of teaching students with English as an Additional Language
· Have experience of teaching Vietnamese students studying in international schools
The LSA must be able to:
· Plan and prioritise tasks and work under the pressure of a busy international school
· Be productive and show initiative.
· Communicate effectively and appropriately to students with different abilities
· Motivate students to learn.
· Motivate students to be sociable.
· Assist with the organisation of the learning environment.
· Maintain accurate records of the students.
· Work effectively with other adults in the school and wider community.
· Be a responsible and trustworthy role model.
· Have patience with students who find conforming to rules and expectations difficult.
· Have patience and be flexible and innovative with a clear understanding of how students might behave who find learning new concepts and remembering taught concepts difficult.
· Respect and maintain confidentiality but have regard to the safe guarding protocols of information sharing where necessary.
· Be computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office
· A good standard of written and spoken English
· Attend training courses considered appropriate for the post.
The LSA should have the following qualifications:
Recognised Bachelor’s Degree related to education
Teaching qualification recognised by MOET
TRƯỜNG QUỐC TẾ NHẬT BẢN
Email tuyển sinh: email@example.com
Hotline Tuyển sinh: 0973.094.088 / 0979.860.088
Hotline Quản lý học sinh: 0973.284.088
Hotline HCNS: 0868541204
Địa chỉ: 84A Nguyễn Thanh Bình, Vạn Phúc, Hà Đông, Hà Nội.