Japanese International School is a multi-disciplinary school from pre-school to secondary school based on the Japanese education model and the combination of the Japanese education curriculum and the Cambridge International curriculum. This is the first advanced educational model that takes personality education as a core value with the desire to gradually spread in Vietnam. At the same time, the School is one of the bridge for cultural, scientific, technical and socio-economic exchanges between Vietnam and Japan and the international community.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
“Wisdom”, shows a deep understanding of people, things, and always knows how to act to achieve the highest results. Wisdom is synonymous with the erudition, lucid intelligenceis, the ability to perceive right and wrong, control your emotions and attitude; Wisdom is the way to live honestly, with the will to rise up, to live in harmony, good for oneself, good for everyone, not only for today but for the future; it is the ability to create a new life, in which taking things in the past for lessons to advance. We must live a life worth living, This is the way of wisdom life.
"Educating Wisdom Students," the School seeks to educate generations of global citizens who are able to grasp the nature of things, events, the ability to cooperate, agility and mental acuity, the ability to communicate and persuade, capacity to process and analyze information, initiative, initiation, and creativity. People with self-awareness capabilities of the role of themself do not only act for the country of Vietnam but also for a better world.
MORAL EDUCATION AND METHODS OF EDUCATION
Groove, style and moral education in accordance with Japanese standards to ensure that "personality education is a core value of the Japanese International School”.
The Japanese International School conducts fun, easy-to-understand lessons with the premise of building students' self-affirmation, the self is the only and only existence in this life.
Through this educational approach, the school attaches great importance to the training of students with rich sentiment tolerance and the ability of self-reflection; hard-working, humble, effort and self-reliant students; students with gratitude for what they have enjoyed.
The science education method is implemented under the Japanese International Program and the combination of the Japanese education program and the Cambridge International Program in the same system of facilities according to Japanese standards.
1. Japanese International Program (Vietnamese-Japanese-English):
– Group of Prekindergarten: Students are educated according to Japanese standards and programs. Language of instruction is Japanese, Vietnamese and English. Japanese is taught in parallel as the mother tongue; English is taught 4 to 5 periods per week, corresponding to ages 3-5, by teachers from the United Kingdom and the US, etc. …
– Group of secondary and high school: Students are educated under Japanese standards, curriculum, textbooks of the Ministry of Education and Science of Japan. Japanese teachers teach 20 – 22 periods per week and each class has a Japanese teacher in charge; Vietnamese teachers teach 9-3 periods / week in Vietnamese (Literature), History, Geography; English taught 6-11 periods / week by teachers from the UK or USA.
– In the school curriculum, students in grades 6 and 9 are allowed to travel for graduation voluntarily in Japan for one week. Eligible students in grade 12 are allowed to go to Japan to study and get the Japanese diploma in JIS's sister schools for a period of one year, starting in April in the school year of grade 11. The tuition fee, meal allowance, according to Grade12, is kept unchanged (the exchange rate may be changed), the student will pay an extra $ 400 / month (including meals, accommodation, tuition fees), excluding uniforms, medical insurance, visa and air tickets.
The sister schools of JIS include:
– Sendai Ikuei Gakuen High School in Sendai, was etablished in 1905. The school has been running an international program since 1965 for foreign students and is awarded the International Baccalaureate. Currently the school has 96 sister institutions in 12 countries, JIS is the 97th member of the 13th country. The total number of students is 1,700, of which 300 foreign students). Please see the school details on: http://sendaiikuei-enlish.jp/
–Yachiyo Shoin High School in Chiba, 40 km from Tokyo. Please see the school details on: http://www.yachiyoshoin.ac.jp/; and some other schools.
– Students study and complete the High School, depending on the results of study and training will be appointed by the School Board of Management to Chuo University, Tokyo Metropolitan University and some other universities. . Please see the details of the school: http://global.chuo-u.ac.jp/english; https://www.tcu.ac.jp/english/
– Graduated from high school, students will have English proficiency 6.5 IELS or higher.
– Students at the Japanese International School may transfer to the secondary and high schools in the country (please see the different training programs of Japan and Vietnam).
– Good students can take part in short-term study exchange programs at secondary and high schools in Japan.
– During the year, students will be able to participate in exchanges with students from Japan.
2. Cambridge International Program(English-Vietnamese, Japanese foreign language)
– Group of secondary and high school: Students are trained in groove, style and ethics in accordance with Japanese standards. Students are taught by the program, textbooks of the University of Cambridge. Students are taught 25 lessons per week in English, 24 hours a week by the British teacher, and one in a week by a Japanese teacher. Vietnamese teachers teach 10 lessons / week. From grade 4 onwards, students will study Japanese foreign language from 2-4 periods / week.
– The tests are provided and marked by the University of Cambridge. Students are granted a diploma by the University of Cambridge. Depending on the results after graduation, students are admitted directly to schools in the United Kingdom, the United States and many other countries.
– If they do not want to study abroad, students are admitted directly to universities in Vietnam such as: University of the United Kingdom; FPT University; RMIT University; International Training Institute of Vietnam National University, Hanoi and University of Economics and Finance…
– In the school's curriculum, students are offered voluntary exchange education in the UK at discounted prices.
3. Bilingual Program (Vietnamese-English)
– Group of Prekindergarten: Students are educated according to Japanese standards and programs. Language of instruction is Vietnamese and English. English is taught 9-10 periods / week by teachers from England and America; Weekly hours are taught directly by the native Japanese teacher through interpreters…
- Extracurricular activities are diverse and plentiful. Students acquire knowledge not only through rigorous theories but also through education to understand the nature of things and experience so that knowledge is shaped.
After graduating from high school, students will:
• Overall development of moral – intellectual – gymnastics – aesthetics – practice aspect; have good behavior, style, moral qualities according to Japanese standards (see the Japanese Education Articles); the ability of autonomy and wealth charity, imagination, creativity and good health; have knowledge of aesthetics and cuisine.
• Proficiency in three languages: Vietnamese and Japanese as the mother tongue; English (with a score of 6.5 IELTS or higher) with the Japanese International Program.
• Proficiency in both Vietnamese and English as a mother tongue and foreign language is Japanese with the Cambridge International Program.
• Have knowledge of Vietnamese and Japanese culture (with Japanese International Program); Have the knowledge of Vietnamese and British culture, and have the same groove, style and ethics in accordance with Japanese standards (with Cambridge International Program).
• Have a solid background in further higher education in Japan (Japanese International Program), all English speaking countries or an international university in Vietnam..
• Have a passion for learning, self-learning and lifelong learning needs;
• Have the skills to live, be eligible to become a global citizen.
• Confident and active in life, have a sense of pride in themselves, their families and the school they attend.
• Always strive for the goal of wisdom.